Praying for all lost and loved . Praying for all those who have been touched by such a tragedy. Love and prayers for those who have been hurt, wounded, and lives touched.
A study of Philippians; part 3: Philippians 3,4
Whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
Paul persecuted Christians and enjoyed power as a ruthless man. After becoming aquatinted with Jesus and the Truth, peace and joy found in Christ alone his desires changed from worldly to eternal desires. What he once saw as gain he began to see as losses.
- After Paul experienced the joy and power from a relationship with Christ he wanted more. Joy comes from fellowship with knowing christ and spending time in His word.
I want to know Christ -yes to know the power of His resurrection and persecution in His sufferings, becoming like Him in death.
- I believe this is something we should all be seeking, to know the power in Christ. Truthfully, we are each drawn to this power like we are drawn to light. Christ is the very definition of love and we each yearn to be loved. The power we seek is in His love.
- What then keeps people from coming to Christ? Some worry they have too many sins or don’t want to give up their sins so they avoid knowing Christ.
Christ wants us to come to him as we are with our sins and he will take care of us. He died for us and He will take our burdens away. A relationship with Christ will give you spiritual freedom and set you free from your burdens and your sins. This a is free effortless gift. You have done nothing to deserve it but because we have a Heavenly Father that loves us more than we deserve or can possibly comprehend all we have to do is accept this free gift. There is no amount of work we could ever do to earn it. It is free and nothing we can or ever will do will deserve what Christ has done for us.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take a stand against the Devils schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms.
Ephesians 6:10-12 explains that we will be set free by putting on t he full armor of God.
Paul experienced spiritual warfare and we still do today. There is great power in knowledge and knowledge is found in The Word. We must be equipped in this battle by putting on the full armor of God.
THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD; weapons in spiritual warfare
- The belt of truth
- Breastplate of righteousness
- Feet ready with the gospel of peace
- Shield of faith
- Helmet of salvation
- The sword of the spirit
Do not be anxious about anything but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And in the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- Being anxious shows lack of faith. In the same way our faith builds our spiritual strength and our ability to trust him our anxiety builds fear and gives power to the enemy. Be careful where you put your faith and guard your thoughts.
- Spending time in the word builds our faith. Spending time in worship grows our faith and allows things to happen in the spirit. Utilize these gifts and find spiritual freedom in the word and in Him.
- Spending time with God in His word and in worship brings peace and frees us from worry, anxiety, and fear (the enemy).
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
So you shall know that I am the Lord your God.
Knowing Him and spending time in his word builds faith.
- Knowing =Believing
- Power=The Word
- The Word=Christ